Unity 3 upgrade

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
We're making the move to Unity 3, I'm pretty sure I've got everything working in our project by using assembly redirects. Although I don't have a solid understanding of what that does behind the scenes and would like to see bootstrapper supporting unity 3 from code. Any chance on an upgrade. I'm going to work on upgrading the bootstrapper and will provide a pull request assuming everything doesn't explode during my attempts.

Input, feedback, ideas?
Jun 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Well, that was quick. Looks like the project needs to target .net 4.5 in order to use Unity 3. Not sure if this is going to work out.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Yes. I am not ready to move everything to .net 4.5. I guess we'll have to live with Unity 2 for now. :(
Jun 6, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Yeah. I hear you. Ive been toying around with the idea of trying to make a unity3 extension that would live as a peer to the existing unity2 "plugin". Since unity isnt a core bootstrapper dependency I think it may be possible to have an additional .net45 targeted unity3 extension. It does present a few other challenges. If I get something interesting and working ill pull request and solicite feedback.
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM
So Bootstrapper doesn't work in unity 3?

You could make a version for .net 4.5
Jun 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Edited Jun 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I cant say 100% if it does or not. Simply using assembly redirects got my project most of the way but ran into issues with other projects my solution was referencing. I'd be interested to know if you can get bootstrapper working in you unity 3 project. Making a simply hello world and testing would be ideal I just haven't had time ti try it.

Ive been working on a stand alone "plugin" for bootstrapper for unity3. Ill update my fork if you're interested. It works just like the existing unity or windsor plugin. It isnt finished yet, though